Lean Competency System Level 1
Implementing Lean in Service (LCS Level 1) 4 day course
Implementing Lean in Service is a practical 4-day course suitable for all employees who are interested in discovering how to successfully implement Lean practices in a non-manufacturing environment.
The course is particularly suitable for those in improvement or operational leadership roles at any level.
The course introduces a different methodology to the traditional Lean manufacturing approach and focuses on how to implement Operational Excellence in either a back or front office environment. It will also build the required skills to initiate change such as business analysis, implementation design, coaching peers and selling & presenting the benefits of change.
This course provides delegates with the necessary learning required for future accreditation at Lean Competency System (LCS) levels 1a, 1b and 1c. Accreditation for each module optional.
- 1a FREE included as part of your 4 day course
- 1b accreditation: £350
- 1c accreditation: £350
Participants in this interactive, simulation-based training, will learn how to:
- Review the current effectiveness of a service operation and identify specific opportunities for improvement
- Implement key operational management tools to support lean ways of working across teams in the workplace
- Calculate likely benefits from operational changes and track realised benefits through to implementation
- Coach team leaders in effective operational management practices
- Present analysis findings and implementation progress to stakeholders within the business to achieve the required levels of support
BOOK A COURSE
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and preferred dates and we will be delighted to organise a training session for your organisation.
Day 1: What is Lean?
- Differences between Service & Manufacturing
- Service Wastes & Classic Wastes
- Practical Flow Game
- Value & Failure Demand
Day 2: Diagnosis Approach
- Different Mapping Tools & their Suitability
- Understanding the Customer Journey
- Demand & Capacity Analysis
Day 3: Purposeful Measures
- Visual & Performance Management
- Team Capacity Management & Skills Development
- Standard Work and it’s use in Service Processes
Day 4: Effective Team Huddles
- Personal Time Management
- Coaching Operational Managers/ Team Leaders
- Gaining Stakeholder Engagement
Please note: Day 1 is also available as a one-day course for those wanting a more basic introduction to Lean.