- About Us
Lean Project Practitioner Course
Lean Competency System – Level 1b/c
Our 4-day Lean Project Practitioner Course is a practical course that teaches the fundamentals of Lean and how to use the approach to transform service operations. It is suitable for all individuals who are interested in discovering how to successfully implement Lean practices into organisations, and more particularly people from operations or developing improvement practitioners.
Through many practical exercises, our course introduces a different methodology to the traditional Lean manufacturing approach and focusses on how to implement operational excellence in either a back or front office environment.
The course also builds the required skills to initiate change such as business analysis, implementation design, coaching peers and selling and presenting the benefits of change.
The practical aspect of the course and the post-training project assessment (optional) highly benefit both the learners and their employers, with post-training projects typically delivering financial benefits in excess of £30,000*.–
The Lean Project Practitioner Course is a 4-day course run in-house, exclusively for your staff.
We will be delighted to organise a training session for your organisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and preferred dates.
(Please note that a minimum of 8 to 12 participants is required to run the course.)–
Benefits to the individual:
- Individuals will be able to follow a structured improvement approach to tackle larger problems.
- They will be able to coach colleagues in an improvement mindset.
Benefits to the organisation:
- Organisations develop individuals to deliver continuous improvement projects.
Delegates must have been successfully accredited at Lean Competency System Level 1a OR be working in a suitable role, e.g. improvement related or frontline operations.–
This course is aligned to Cardiff University’s Lean Competency System (LCS) at level 1b/c.
The LCS was created by the university and has set the standards for high quality Lean education for over a decade. It remains the leading academically recognised Lean qualification worldwide.
Accreditation is optional. Participants wishing to achieve accreditation will need to submit a workbook evidencing their project delivery as well as a 1,500 word assignment, with the support of a dedicated Reinvigoration coach (up to 6 hours are provided).–
*(based on averages 2012-2018)–
DAY 1 & 2: Mobilisation and Current State Insight
- Introducing the improvement approach
- Lean history and context
- 1st run of the service simulation
- Identifying value and waste
- Process understanding: Creating a SIPOC & Current State Value Stream Mapping
- Process understanding: Value stream mapping – Data
- Demand flow analysis
- 2nd run of the service simulation
- Understanding customer needs (voice of customer, critical to quality, Kano model, customer journey mapping, purposeful measures)
DAY 3 & 4: Future State Design, Implementation and Sustainment
- Future state visioning and design principles
- Future state value stream mapping
- Future state customer journey
- Solution generation and prioritisation
- 3rd run of the service simulation
- Sustaining change – Operations Excellence Management System
- Standard work in service operations
- Visual performance management
- Capacity management
- Team-based problem solving
- Final run of service simulation
Please click here to download our course overview.–
PRICING & ENQUIRIES
- Course fee: £1,495 +VAT per delegate.
- LCS 1b&c accreditation fee (optional): £795 +VAT per delegate.
Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.–
OTHER LCS LEVEL 1B/C COURSE AVAILABLE
Our Operational Excellence Practitioner course is also accredited at LCS Level 1b/c.
Find out more about the course and whether its content would be more suited to your requirements.–
Organisations that have benefited from Reinvigoration’s expertise