- About Us
Advanced Improvement Practitioner Course
Lean Competency System – Level 2a
Our 4-day Advanced Improvement Practitioner Course aims at developing the key skills and attributes required of a senior, self-starting improvement practitioner.
The course adds significant depth to the basic fundamentals of the Operations Excellence Management System taught at LCS 1b and 1c, with a specific focus on handling related implementation challenges.
Delegates will be provided with a breadth of diagnosis tools and techniques to help them identify a much wider variety of organisational improvement opportunities.
The course will also provide them with a practical model for approaching complex transformations, spanning multiple department or functions and allow them to develop an appreciation of the people-related skills required to mobilise and sustain change.–
The Advanced Improvement Practitioner Course is a 4-day course run in-house, exclusively for your staff.
We will be delighted to organise a training session for your organisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and preferred dates.
(Please note that a minimum of 6 to 12 participants is required to run the course.)–
Benefits to the individual:
- Individuals will learn alternative improvement methods that will equip them with far more technical skills, enabling them to make a bigger difference.
Benefits to the organisation:
- Organisations will gain individuals who are competent at delivering large improvements using many methods. This capability also develops others.
Delegates must have been successfully accredited at full Lean Competency System Level 1 OR be working in a suitable role.
E.g. Mid-level Leaders e.g. AVP / VP, CI Practitioners / Coaches.–
This course is aligned to Cardiff University’s Lean Competency System (LCS) at level 2a.
The LCS was created by the university and has set the standards for high quality Lean education for over a decade. It remains the leading academically recognised Lean qualification worldwide.
Accreditation is optional. Delegates wishing to achieve accreditation will need to submit a workbook evidencing their project delivery, with the support of a dedicated Reinvigoration coach (up to 8 hours are provided).–
Day 1: Advanced Analysis Tools and Techniques
The module covers advanced tools and techniques that can identify and drive further improvement. Topics covered include:
- An 8-lever model for cost reduction.
- Organisational analysis – how to assess, cost and redesign organisations.
- Quantifying additional forms of loss – Rigidity, variability and waste.
- Skills and capability analysis – assessing the tangible impact of skills deficiencies.
- Overall Process Efficiency (OPE) – learn how to identify and quantify hidden waste.
Day 2: Deploying Operations Excellence Ways of Working
Delegates will learn a proven method for deploying Operations Excellence ways of working across multiple teams in an organisation.
The focus is on how to coach out an Operations Excellence Management System to frontline leaders and to help overcome typical challenges faced when doing so. Covering:
- customer purpose and purposeful measures,
- performance boards and performance meetings,
- personal capacity management,
- team capacity management,
- skills management,
- standard work,
- process confirmation,
- team-based problem solving.
Day 3: End-to-End Transformation or Customer Journey Improvement
Lean is a method for transforming large, complex end to end customer journey’s or value streams across your organisation. Taught following a structured roadmap, you will understand how to manage complex change spanning multiple functions. This part of the course covers the change and stakeholder management skills that are vital due to the size and benefits of the scale of the transformation involved.
Day 4: Psychology of change
The last day of the course is focussed on making change happen and covers three key topics:
- Change readiness – understand how to assess an organisations ability to change and how to influence this.
- Changing mindsets – learn some practical models to support.
- Coaching – learn some additional coaching models that can be used to support commonly used methods such as GROW, enhancing your change toolkit.
Please click here to download our course overview.–
PRICING & ENQUIRIES
- Course fee: £2,000 +VAT per delegate.
- LCS 2a accreditation fee (optional): £995 + VAT per delegate.
Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.–
Organisations that have benefited from Reinvigoration’s expertise