Building Lean and CI Capabilities within AstraZeneca’s Global Finance Services Workforce
How Reinvigoration Designed and Delivered a Lean Capability Programme for AstraZeneca
AstraZeneca, a large global pharmaceutical company, sought to develop a higher degree of operational excellence maturity across its Global Finance Services function by implementing a comprehensive lean training and coaching programme.
They engaged Reinvigoration to help design and deliver a Lean and Continuous Improvement (CI) programme. Learn how the programme was successful and effective in building a leaner, more efficient workforce within AstraZeneca’s Global Finance Services function.
AstraZeneca is a global pharmaceutical and biotechnology company founded in 1992 and headquartered in Cambridge, United Kingdom. The company engages in the research, development, and manufacture of pharmaceutical products for the following therapy areas: oncology, cardiovascular, renal, metabolism, and respiratory.
Lean was a relatively new concept within AstraZeneca’s Global Finance Services function. They wanted to develop the whole workforce to use lean and continuous improvement practices within both their daily working lives and to deliver large-scale strategic change. To achieve those goals, AstraZeneca needed expert help to design and deliver a large-scale learning programme – one that would be instrumental in developing the awareness and skills at each level of the organisation.
AstraZeneca decided to engage the Reinvigoration team to help design and deliver a Lean and Continuous Improvement (CI) programme.
How Reinvigoration helped:
- Developed and delivered an online learning portal for all employees
- Designed and delivered workshops for senior leadership team members
- Provided executive coaching for individuals and teams
- Delivered front-line leadership training and coaching
These efforts culminated in many successful projects across the organisation:
- 140 front-line leaders developed and engaged with practical continuous improvement
- 18 senior leaders developed and are building-in lean into their 2022 strategy
- Lean Academy trainers/coaches developed and are ready to take on long-term ownership of programmes
- Many CI projects delivered across the organisation utilised newly built capabilities
Capability Building across Poland, Malaysia, Costa Rica, and the United Kingdom.
AstraZeneca saw several benefits from working with Reinvigoration, including the development of front-line leaders in continuous improvement, the engagement of senior leaders in lean principles, and the delivery of many CI projects across the organisation. The programme was successful in building a leaner, more efficient workforce within AstraZeneca’s Global Finance Services function. This helps AstraZeneca to be more agile and responsive to the ever-changing needs of the business.
To learn more about how Reinvigoration can help, connect with our experts.