Advanced Improvement Practitioner Course
About the course
Our 3-day Advanced Improvement Practitioner Course aims at developing the key skills and attributes required of a senior, self-starting improvement practitioner.
The course adds significant depth to the basic fundamentals of the Operations Excellence Management System taught at LCS 1B and 1C, with a specific focus on handling related implementation challenges.
Delegates will be provided with a breadth of diagnosis tools and techniques to help them identify a much wider variety of organisational improvement opportunities.
The course will also provide them with a practical model for approaching complex transformations, spanning multiple department or functions and allow them to develop an appreciation of the people-related skills required to mobilise and sustain change.
- Individuals will learn alternative improvement methods that will equip them with far more technical skills, enabling them to make a bigger difference
- Organisations will gain individuals who are competent at delivering large improvements using many methods. this capability also develops others.
The Advanced Improvement Practitioner Course is a 3-day course run in-house, exclusively for your staff.
We will be delighted to organise a training session for your organisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and preferred dates.
(Please note that a minimum of 6 to 12 participants is required to run the course.)
- Course introductions and expectations
- Background and theory of strategy deployment
- Articulating vision statements
- Using the X-Matrix to shape the goal cascade
- Strategy deployment case study
- Launching improvements projects - incorporating project identification scoping and stakeholder management
- Benefits management - incorporating benefits identification and tracking
- Managing improvement project delivery - incorporating governance, team management and close-down
Advanced Analysis Tools
- Current state organisational analysis
- 3 forms of operational losses - incorporating overall process efficiency (OPE)
- Levers to optimise operational performance
Psychology of Change
- Understanding change
- Change models - incorporating change readiness assessments
- Coaching skills and models
- LCS level 2A certification requirements
Take the next step towards becoming a senior, self-starting improvement practitioner and deliver more significant improvements.
LCS - Lean Competency System Accreditation - Reinvigoration
This course is aligned to Cardiff University’s Lean Competency System (LCS) at Level 2A.
The LCS was created by Cardiff University’s Lean Enterprise Research Centre and has set the standards for high quality Lean education for over a decade. It remains the leading academically recognised Lean qualification worldwide.
The LCS Framework has three categories and seven levels of competency covering the entire spectrum of Lean knowledge and applications; with each level focussing on a specific set of competencies. Reinvigoration is one of only a few that provides training at all levels. Please view the below LCS Roadmap for an overview of Reinvigoration’s LCS Development Path, including pre-requisites, benefits and duration for each course.
£2,000 + VAT per delegate.
LCS 2A accreditation fee (optional):
Option 1: £495 + VAT per delegate.
Learners self support the submission of their workbook (1 submission opportunity).
Option 2: £995 + VAT per delegate.
Learners are supported by a coach during remote sessions. 3 coaching sessions are provided.
Reinvigoration offer a complete development pathway for Operational Excellence Professionals.
Find out more about our Lean Competency System courses:
- Lean Service Awareness Online Course - Level 1A
- Lean Project Practitioner Course - Level 1B/C
- Lean Project Online Practitioner Course - Level 1B/C
- Continuous Improvement ways of working - Level 1B/C
- Advanced Improvement Practitioner Course - Level 2A
- Improvement Programme Leader Course - Level 2B
- Expert Mentoring Programme - Level 3