Continuous Improvement Ways of Working
About the course
Our 3-Day ‘Continuous Improvement Ways-of-Working’ Course aims at increasing the capability of frontline leaders to enable them to drive and sustain the implementation of an OpEx management system in every team.
The course is designed to provide each delegate with the knowledge and the practical tools they need to align each of their team with their customers’ needs and create purposeful metrics for every team to improve performance, wherever they are based. It will also help delegates implement standard work (where appropriate) and process confirmation and enable staff to solve problems in a structured manner.
With team leaders typically creating a 15%+ capacity within their teams by developing better working practices, this course thanks to its project-based approach, is the perfect way for your organisation to generate concrete and long-lasting benefits whilst training your staff.
- Individuals will be able to follow a structured improvement approach to tackle larger problems
- They will be able to coach colleagues in an improvement mindset
- Organisations develop competent Operational Leaders
The ‘Continuous Improvement Ways-of-Working’ Course is a 3-day course run in-house, exclusively for your staff.
We will be delighted to organise a training session for your organisation. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and preferred dates.
(Please note that a minimum of 6 to 14 participants is required to run the course.)
Delegates must have been successfully accredited at Lean Competency System Level 1a OR be working in a suitable role, e.g. improvement related or frontline operations.
- Lean introduction
- Voice of customer and value stream understanding
- Purpose and purposeful measures
- Performance meetings – running a huddle
- Standard work and process confirmation
- Implementation: approach, challenges and mitigations, sustainment considerations
- Capacity management
- Visual management and performance boards
- Performance boards
- Performance meetings/huddles
LCS - Lean Competency System Accreditation - Reinvigoration
This course is aligned to Cardiff University’s Lean Competency System (LCS) at level 1b/c.
The LCS was created by Cardiff University’s Lean Enterprise Research Centre and has set the standards for high quality Lean education for over a decade. It remains the leading academically recognised Lean qualification worldwide.
The LCS Framework has three categories and seven levels of competency covering the entire spectrum of Lean knowledge and applications; with each level focussing on a specific set of competencies. Reinvigoration is one of only a few that provides training at all levels. Please view the below LCS Roadmap for an overview of Reinvigoration’s LCS Development Path, including pre-requisites, benefits and duration for each course.
Accreditation is optional. Participants wishing to achieve accreditation will need to submit a workbook evidencing their project delivery.
£1,495 +VAT per delegate.
LCS 1B & C accreditation fee (optional):
Option 1: £250 + VAT per delegate.
Learners self support the submission of their workbook (1 submission opportunity).
Option 2: £650 + VAT per delegate.
Learners are supported by a coach for up to 3x one-two-one 30-minute remote sessions.
Reinvigoration offer a complete development pathway for Operational Excellence Professionals.
Find out more about our Lean Competency System courses:
- Lean Service Awareness Online Course - Level 1A
- Lean Project Practitioner Course - Level 1B/C
- Lean Project Online Practitioner Course - Level 1B/C
- Continuous Improvement ways of working - Level 1B/C
- Advanced Improvement Practitioner Course - Level 2A
- Improvement Programme Leader Course - Level 2B
- Expert Mentoring Programme - Level 3