Expert Mentoring Programme
About the course
Our Expert Mentoring Programme is suitable for selected Senior Leaders / Executive members, as well as Heads of / Directors of Improvement, looking at gaining formal recognition for decades of improvement work and be seen as strategic Lean leaders.
- Formal recognition for decades of improvement work
- Being seen as a strategic lean leader
- Organisations will gain senior leaders who are strategic thinkers when it comes to lean, driving them to the next level
Unlike the other LCS levels, our Level 3 Mentoring Programme doesn’t include any formal training. Individuals are coached through the qualification (typically over a 12-month period) by one of our senior experts.
Delegates will enrol in either 3A or 3B. The difference between 3A and 3B lies in the scale, level of responsibility and scope of experience.
Delegates must have been successfully accredited at full Lean Competency System Level 2 or be able to demonstrate an equivalent professional experience level.
Entry requirements at Level 3A or 3B will be assessed by Reinvigoration.
Unlike at the other LCS levels, all applicants have to be formally accepted onto the programme by the LCS, the first stage of which is completing an application form.
Once accepted, delegates are coached for up to 20 hours through the certification process
over an agreed period of time (typically over a 12-month period) by one of our senior experts.
LEVEL 3 KNOWLEDGE
The Level 3 practitioner shall know and understand:
- Strategy development and policy deployment techniques
- Design and deployment of effective and relevant performance measures
- Leadership skills for effective Lean transformation (e.g. change management, communication, coaching, mentoring, motivating, etc)
- Supply chain management
- Advanced Lean systems knowledge and techniques
- Sustainable change and continuous improvement
- Project direction, implementation and control
- Complementary philosophies, approaches and thinkers.
LEVEL 3 PRACTICE
The Level 3 practitioner shall be able to:
- Implement at significant scales and in a range of business environments
- Lead a business unit/organisation’s lean transformation
- Coach and mentor colleagues and practitioners
- Create sustainable lean strategies and implementation plans, aligned to organisational
- Apply lean in a range of core business processes (eg order fulfilment, new product development, sales acquisition, supply chain, etc)
- Implement and deploy a lean strategy in an organisation to achieve quality/cost/delivery benefits
- Devise and apply effective and relevant value stream and supply chain performance measures.
LCS - Lean Competency System Accreditation - Reinvigoration
This course is aligned to Cardiff University’s Lean Competency System (LCS) at Level 3.
The LCS was created by Cardiff University’s Lean Enterprise Research Centre and has set the standards for high quality Lean education for over a decade. It remains the leading academically recognised Lean qualification worldwide.
The LCS Framework has three categories and seven levels of competency covering the entire spectrum of Lean knowledge and applications; with each level focussing on a specific set of competencies. Reinvigoration is one of only a few that provides training at all levels. Please view the below LCS Roadmap for an overview of Reinvigoration’s LCS Development Path, including pre-requisites, benefits and duration for each course.
- Submit 3 case studies of 2,500 words each demonstrating their advanced/strategic Lean knowledge
- Submit a 4,000-word essay that allows them to articulate how Lean can/should evolve and determine how forward-thinking they are.
- Present to an LCS panel comprising of 3-5 Lean experts to convince them of their credentials as a senior Lean leader and innovative thinker.
- Delegates will benefit from the support of a Reinvigoration senior coach for up to 20 hours.
£4,950 + VAT per delegate, including accreditation.
Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
Reinvigoration offer a complete development pathway for Operational Excellence Professionals.
Find out more about our Lean Competency System courses:
- Lean Service Awareness Online Course - Level 1A
- Lean Project Practitioner Course - Level 1B/C
- Lean Project Online Practitioner Course - Level 1B/C
- Continuous Improvement ways of working - Level 1B/C
- Advanced Improvement Practitioner Course - Level 2A
- Improvement Programme Leader Course - Level 2B
- Expert Mentoring Programme - Level 3