Developing A 5-Year Data Strategy For a Large UK Police Fleet Service
How Reinvigoration Helped a Large UK Police Fleet Service Use Data Visualisation to Optimise Performance
A large UK police service required external expertise and assistance to develop a data strategy for their fleet services. There was no data strategy in place, and the data infrastructure was not set up in a way that allowed for data to be extracted and analysed.
Reinvigoration produced a 5-year data strategy for the client, including architecture, tools, and people lenses. This enabled the fleet services department to successfully change the behaviour of 30,000 police drivers and quickly address key performance issues.
The client, a large police service in the UK, had no ongoing data strategy, and the data infrastructure was not set up to allow data extraction and data analysis. They required external expertise and assistance to develop a data strategy for their fleet services. On top of that, the police service had no existing data team, so an effective data team design was needed.
Reinvigoration was brought on board and asked to take a holistic approach to develop a well-rounded data solution.
How Reinvigoration helped:
- Undertook a diagnostic study to produce a gap analysis, comparing the fleet services' "current state" to best practices in data architecture, helping them to migrate to the future state.
- Used the data collected to develop instant visual management reports that enabled smarter decision-making and user behaviour change.
- Advertised, interviewed, and recruited a new team for the client to fill critical data roles, training them to use Power BI effectively.
- Ran coaching to ensure that the new data recruits were fully aligned with the new data strategy.
Reinvigoration helped the police service to:
- Produce a 5-year data strategy for fleet services, including architecture, tools, and people lenses.
- Design a data visualisation team and successfully recruit and coach all roles
- Develop visually appealing, real-time data reports that inform decision-makers on fuel stations, collisions, and vehicle usage, highlighting performance issues.
- Make clear to commanders who the worst performers are via real-time reports. This enabled the department to successfully change the behaviour of 30,000 police drivers who were abusing the vehicles in the fleet through poor habits and careless actions.
Reinvigoration was able to help the UK police service to optimise the performance of their fleet services through the innovative use of data visualisation. The critical decision-makers within the organisation were empowered with real-time data reports to identify performance issues and address them in a timely manner.
To learn more about how Reinvigoration can help, connect with our experts.